Pre-Treatment Instructions for Intense Pulsed Light Treatment
- Four weeks before first treatment and throughout the treatment course, discontinue sun tanning, the use of tanning beds and the application of sunless tanning products. The change in the color of your skin tone will adversely affect your desired outcome.
- Always use SPF-30 or greater sunscreen on all exposed treatment areas and reapply every two hours throughout the day. Wear protective, light occluding hats and clothing.
- Discontinue use of exfoliating creams such as Retin-A and other skin exfoliating products two weeks prior to and during the entire treatment course.
- If you have a history of herpes (cold sores) outbreaks in the area of treatment, you should consult your Primary Care Provider for evaluation and you may be given a prescription medication as a prophylaxis prior to treatment.
- An accurate diagnosis by a physician of brown spots prior to treatment is necessary before treatment of lesions.
- Be aware that there is a possibility of coincidental hair loss when treating pigmented lesions in hair-bearing areas.
- Topical anesthetics are not recommended for treatment of vascular lesions because of the potential vasoconstriction that renders treatment less effectively.
- On the day of treatment, please come to the office with the treatment area free from make-up, creams, lotions, perfumes, etc.
Photofacial treatment: indicated for pigmentation, vascular irregularities and rosacea.
Treatments are completed with Palomar StarLux 500 Intense Pulse Light.
Hair Reduction treatments are completed with Palomar StarLux 500 Intense Pulse Light.
FDA Approved for permanent reduction of pigmented hair.
Most people need between 5-8 treatments per area.
Please schedule a 30 minute consult with Darsi for all treatments. Further pricing will be discussed during your consultation. The consult fee is $20.00, which will be applied to your first treatment with Darsi.