If you have been scheduled for skin surgery, a special period of time has been set aside for this procedure. If for any reason you need to reschedule your surgery, please let our office know 24 hours in advance so that other patients can be accommodated during this time.
We ask that you follow these instructions in preparation for surgery:
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes early. You may need to fill out a medical history form prior to surgery.
- It is important to eat a light breakfast on the day of surgery. If your surgery is scheduled in the afternoon, please eat a light lunch as well.
- Avoid NSAID-containing analgesics like Excedrin, Motrin, Advil, Vitamin E, Garlic supplements, and other medications for headaches or arthritis for one week prior to surgery. Tylenol (acetaminophen) is permitted. If you have any questions regarding the use of any medications, please call our office.
- If any blood thinners (Coumadin, Warfarin, Persantine or Aspirin) are being taken, please contact our office for special instructions.
- Avoid drinking alcohol the day before surgery and the day of surgery.
- Please use an over the counter soap called Hibiclens. Wash 2 days prior to procedure and the day of your procedure. Be sure to wash from the neck down focusing on armpits, groin and feet. This kills all the bacteria that like to grow in these areas.
- Please do not wear makeup or heavy moisturizers near the surgery site. This will interfere with the adhesion of the bandage.
If you have any questions pertaining to these instructions or any other concerns,
please contact our office before the time of surgery.
Thank you for your cooperation.