Pre and Post Botox® and Dermal Filler Injection Instructions
- DO NOT WAER MAKE-UP ON THE DAY OF THE INJECTIONS. On the day of the injections, clean your face with a mild cleanser
- Juvederm / Voluma / Restylane appointments: Arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment so that topical numbing cream can be applied.
- Eat a high protein meal prior to injections
- No ALCOHOL, ASPIRIN, IBUPROFEN, OR FISH OIL for 3-4 days prior to injections.
- Sign up for Brilliant Distinctions program, if desired, to earn rewards and save on future treatments. Visit BrilliantDistinctionsProgram.com
- To help minimize BRUISING as well as speed up healing, we recommend Arnica Montana (sold at Sprouts). Place 3 or 4 pellets under your tongue the night before injections. Continue taking the pellets 4 times daily for 5 days if extensive bruising occurs.
- May also consider eating fresh pineapple the night before and morning of scheduled injection to help minimize bruising.
- Tylenol or Ibuprofen for discomfort. Apply ice on and off for bruising or swelling for the first 24 hours.
- Avoid rigorous exercise, going to the gym (bacteria), visiting a hospital or nursing home or hot tubs for 24 hours.
- Do not massage.
- If extensive bruising, take oral arnica as above. Can also apply topical arnica like DerMend.